DATE : Wednesday, May 11, noon
LOCATION: East Ocean Seafood Restaurant , Alameda, CA
Cindy Ford, Import Operation
Darlene Almogela, Director, Investigations Branch, San Francisco District
Jeanmaire Hryshko, Supervisory Investigator, San Francisco Office
Juan Morales, Supervisor, San Francisco District Office
Keeshunna Daniels, Supervisory consumer Safety Officer
Maria Leong, Airam
David Eisenberg, Anresco
Charleene Bizily, Anresco
Gary Cooper, Attorney
Taylor Chow, American Tai Wah
Maria Wong, Prince of Peace
Andrew Lei, CPA
Lynn Jing, Dalian Gaishi Food
George Shao, SDS
-FDA gave an introduction on the Automated Commercial Environment/International Trade Data System (ACE/ITDS). ACE is a single access point where industry can electronically submit all data to various government agencies including CBP, FDA and other 46 agencies. ACE has been online for FDA, the ACS entry portal will be closed on 6/15. FDA urged all importers to make sure their Customs brokers were ACE system ready. Even ACS entry is still working in the meantime,, using ACE would be much faster for FDA to handle your entry. (Need to know more about ACE, go to FDA Seminar 6/15 by click link –>FDA ACE Seminar Registration Here!
– Q: FDA’s timeline of Document Review
A: Depends on item. Delay might be caused by the result of other branch’s investigation.
– Q: # 02-02 couldn’t be found in Import Alert any more
A: # 02-02 has been retired. Alert for filth on rice sticks could be under other #s.
– Q: What is the best way to contact FDA
A: FDA suggested to email or call to the general mail box or phone line, do not send the enquiry to supervisor’s email unless you are asked to. Since the general email will be checked and answered by all supervisors while a specific supervisor may not be available at the time.
– Q: We all knew Dry Mushroom (Shitaki Mushroom) needs to soak and wash before cooking, why FDA so strict to test pesticide on it?
– A : By FDA record, pesticide not only has found from the surface, but inside of the some sample. It might because the culture base of the mushroom has been heavily pesticide contaminated. If so, the contamination could not be removed by soaking and washing.